Shinva sells off 60% of Vastec for RMB 1.2b



Shandong-based medical equipment and reagent manufacturer Shinva Medical Instrument Co., Ltd, (SHA.600587) issued a stock exchange announcement indicating that the firm is selling off a 60% stake in its subsidiary company, Vastec Co., Ltd. The purchaser will be Huajian Medical Holdings Co., Ltd, which already owns the remaining 40% stake in Vastec. The total transaction price is RMB 1.23 billion (USD 180 million), to be paid via a mix of shares and cash.

Vastec was founded in Hong Kong in 1993, and now operates in 20 major cities in China, its key business line being the manufacturing and sale of automated blood coagulation analyzer products, as well as medical diagnostic reagents. The acquisition is viewed as a step towards an Initial Public Offering (IPO) offering in Hong Kong on the part of Huajian Medical, planned to take place by December 31, 2020.
Reference:

Recent news
A group of scientists at the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM) are developing a combination therapy of six off-patent cancer drugs, half of which inhibit tumor growth while the other three prevent weight loss resulting from catabolism.
Notimex ・Hace 41 mins Científicos de la UNAM trabajan para encontrar fármacos de bajo costo contra el cáncer Científicos de la Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM) trabajan en la línea de investigación denominada “reposicionamiento terapéutico” / Foto: Twitter @unamglobal Las compañías farmacéuticas dedicadas a combatir el cáncer sintetizan las moléculas que combaten la enfermedad, las optimizan, las prueban en el laboratorio y finalmente en los pacientes. Científicos de la Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM) trabajan en la línea de investigación denominada “reposicionamiento terapéutico”, que consiste en estudiar medicamentos comercializados que perdieron la patente y que tienen efectos antitumorales. En específico analizan seis sustancias, tres de las cuales inhiben el crecimiento del tumor y tres más que evitan el catabolismo del paciente, manifestado como pérdida peso.
Brazil’s National Health Surveillance Agency (ANVISA) has granted registration to generic antibiotic levofloxacin hemihydrate, manufactured by global pharmaceutical company Eurofarma Laboratórios S.A. The registration is for two 150ml presentations, and will expire after 24 months.
Por: Ascom/Anvisa Publicado: 09/01/2019 11:17 Última Modificação: 09/01/2019 19:57 A Agência Nacional de Vigilância Sanitária (Anvisa) liberou o registro de um novo medicamento genérico. É o levofloxacino hemi-hidratado, na forma farmacêutica solução injetável para infusão.
Jhenery Ramírez jhenery.ramirez@listindiario.com Santo Domingo En el año 2018 el Programa de Medicamentos Esenciales Central de Apoyo Logístico (Promese/Cal) despachó medicinas por un valor de RD$979.9 millones, razón por la que el país (tanto la población como el Gobierno) ahorró RD$7,550.6 millones en comparación a la compra al sector privado. Las cifras, presentadas ayer por el director general de la entidad, Antonio Peña Mirabal, corresponden a medicamentos dispensados por las Farmacias del Pueblo y los hospitales que son subsidiados por el Gobierno dominicano. El informe “Impacto Financiero 2018” de Promese destaca que mientras el sector privado despachó estimadamente RD$3,332.5 millones en medicinas, la institución expidió RD$738.7 millones en medicamentos en los hospitales, ahorrando al Estado RD$2,593.7 millones. Además, la información suministrada durante un encuentro de la organización con la prensa económica indica que el monto despachado por las Farmacias del Pueblo fue de RD$241.1 millones, en comparación al monto estimado de venta del sector privado de RD$5,198 millones, lo que permitió un ahorro a la población de RD$4,956.9 millones. Presupuesto Peña Mirabal expresó que la asignación presupuestaria recibida en el año 2018 fue de RD$3,635.3 millones, de los cuales RD$2,730 millones estaban destinados a materiales y suministros; RD$588.2 millones fueron para las remuneraciones y contribuciones.
The entry of China-made programmed death-1 (PD-1) inhibitors is set to provide a significant challenge to MNC competitors.
  • 1547538873583
  • China
According to a financial report presented by Antonio Peña Mirabal, head of the Dominican Republic’s Essential Drugs Programme and Logistical Support (PROMESE/CAL), the state supplied a total DOP 980 million (USD 19 million) worth of subsidized medicines to hospitals and its People’s Pharmacy Network.
Analytics Snapshot


Understand market developments and maintain your competitive advantage.